Let Us Help You with Estate Planning
We understand how difficult it can be to find the time needed to begin planning, or to review your current plans. Our experienced Trust Officers can provide you with assistance and guidance by explaining your options and guiding you through the planning process (even before you visit with your attorney). If your estate planning documents haven’t been reviewed recently, allow us to review them with you. We will collaborate with your attorney and accountant as needed to ensure your current goals can be met and discuss any changes to estate or tax laws that may impact your current plan.
- Wills – A will is a legal document where you outline how your estate will be managed and distributed after your death. Within the will, you will name your beneficiaries and the manner in which they will inherit your estate. You will also name your Executor, the individual or entity responsible for administering your estate.
- Trusts – A trust is an effective estate planning tool. It is a legal arrangement in which a trustee manages assets for the benefit of one or more of your beneficiaries. When you establish the trust, the assets titled in the name of the trust avoid probate. The trust agreement is a private, confidential document that is not filed with the court. The trust agreement also allows you to direct how and when your beneficiaries receive their inheritance.
Choose FSB Wealth Management as Your Trustee or Executor
As your trustee or executor, we step into your shoes to ensure your legacy lives on in the manner that you desire. From children to charities, we will make sure the goals you’ve set are achieved. We have built a reputation for trustworthy and effective estate and trust management. We will put your family and friends at ease and help shelter them from the complexity of trust and estate management.
As your trustee, our team of experienced Trust Officers and Investment Analysts will:
- Assist with titling your assets into the name of the trust
- Provide professional investment management of the trust assets
- Distribute assets to beneficiaries based on the guidelines dictated in your trust. Our unbiased decision-making is crucial when discretionary distributions to beneficiaries are permitted.
- We can pay your bills as necessary while you are living
- Provide periodic statements to you and/or your beneficiaries
- Ensure federal and state income tax returns are filed timely for the trust, as necessary
- Review your estate planning documents annually, always keeping in mind estate and tax law changes
As your executor, our team will work with objectivity and sensitivity to ensure that your estate is settled according to your wishes, all while conforming to the highest legal standards required of a corporate fiduciary. When we act as your Executor, we will provide:
- Experience and efficiency throughout the administration of your estate
- Unbiased decision making
- Collection, safeguarding and protection of your assets
- Inventory and appraisal of assets
- Professional investment management of the estate assets
- Thorough record keeping for accounting and tax purposes
- Filing of final income and estate tax returns, as necessary
- Payment of ongoing and final expenses as well as beneficiary distributions
- Distribution of personal effects and fulfillment of bequests
- Periodic statements to your beneficiaries as required
- Proper accounting reports to the Court
- Experience with selling real estate
NO BANK GUARANTEE | NOT A DEPOSIT | NOT FDIC INSURED | NOT INSURED BY ANY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY | MAY LOSE VALUE